Apartment in Rome
Take a Look
click on the image to see fullscreen mode
click More images button to load more images
The apartment is also rented for 1 person, up to a maximum of 4 people including children for a minimum stay of 3 days. Town authorization is for up to 4 people, including infants.
Costs per night from 100 to 180 euros/day depending on the season and number of people. Discount for long period. Please inquire through Contact.
A newly renovated furnished apartment in the center of the city, bright, on the second floor (no elevator) with two flights of stairs very comfortable. The apartment is located in the most prestigious neighborhood in the historical center, a few steps from the Spanish Steps, in the fashion triangle, and in the most prestigious shops. The apartment is composed of 1 bedroom, 1 large living room with a comfortable sofa bed (queen-size), a dining table for 4 people, books, DVD player, TV and work station, 1 fully equipped kitchen, including a NEW DISHWASHER and a micro-oven double function, 1 very large bathroom with a big shower, 1 small service balcony overlooking the inner courtyard. Wi-fi high speed 24 hrs.
Also available are a cot and a high chair. A safe environment for young children.
NO NEED FOR A CAR, everything is within walking distance from the apartment. I always suggest not buying ROME PASS since it will be used very rarely.
Public transportation if needed all around (Metro A stop Spagna is at 400 meters). taxi as well buses.
Private parking around but quite expensive. Parking and circulation are permitted only to the resident. Information on parking on request.
And if you want to enjoy and also get to know Spoleto, a delightful Middle-Age town in the greenbelt of Umbria region, 120 km from Rome, please visit my apartment in the historic center of Spoleto we can arrange a special deal if you book both at the same time. Spoleto is 1.15 hours by train from Rome’s central station, and with no need for a car.
More about Rome
To locate the apartment within the city type in Google Maps
VIA VITTORIA, ROMA. You will be given a few images of the street itself and its location within the area in the city.
from/to Fiumicino Airport:
- PUBLIC TRASNPORTATION
We only recommend it if you travel light and have plenty of time.
Take Leonardo Express from Fiumicino airport to Stazione Termini (main Rome station).
Metro A direction Battistini, stop at SPAGNA station, then walk for 5 minutes to the apartment. Tickets cost per person: 8 euros from the airport, + 1,5 for the metro. Public transportation.
The official cost for a taxi is the following:
Euro 50 from Fiumicino airport to Rome (inside the walls – Via Vittoria is inside the walls)
Euro 31 from Ciampino airport to Rome (inside the walls – Via Vittoria is inside the walls)
Be careful to take the official white cab with the signal TAXI on the top. Do not take anybody that offers you a taxi. Outside the arrival terminal, there is a line for taxis.
- SHUTTLE SERVICE
There are many private services available. The one I can suggest, already tested, is Express-shuttle Service: Mr. Marco Rulli (+39 3428513940 – firstname.lastname@example.org). You can ask for the service directly indicating your flight number, timing, and airport in Rome. The cost is 50 euros per two people + 5 any additional person.
The benefit of the shuttle is no hassle for you to find the train, the metro, etc. and somebody will be waiting for you at the arrival Terminal, just outside the luggage hall with a board with your name.
Parking in ROME:
The historical center is all Zone Restricted Traffic (ZTL), cars are not permitted inside the town.
The apartment is close to Piazza di Spagna.
Parking on surface slots (blue lines) costs 1.50 euros per hour. Few free surface slots are available (white lines)
We do not suggest buying any RomePass tickets because all main sightseeings are within walking distance from the apartment.
If you are tired after a walking day, you can easily reach the apartment with a Metro A ride (1.5 euro) to the SPAGNA stop, or a taxi or the many electric buses leading to Via del Corso.
Metro/Bus Tickets are valid for 100 minutes for a single metro ride + a bus ride. children up to 10 years old do not pay. You can buy it at the Metro station or at any tobacco shop or Newspaper kiosk.
Useful links/applications to download
- MYTAXI – to get a taxi in Rome. (ask me for details about a promotional code to get 20 Euro free on your first trip)
- MOOVIT – to find public transportation (from/to) and how to reach a site, and address.
Just a few hints:
- Look at “Antonia’s top ten” under ABOUT ME on the Home Page menu
- For walking tours in Rome (ie: Vatican tour, colosseum, and ancient Rome tour, Borghese tour, etc…) contact email@example.com.
- Tram Bus Open tourist open bus in Rome —- a very nice way to see Rome with good weather. One stop is at approx. 100 meters from the apartment in Piazza Augusto Imperatore.
- The main museum that needs preferably a pre-booking also online to avoid queues.
- Museums del Comune di Roma
- Capitolini’s Museums
- Galleria Borghese THIS IS A MUST. PRE-BOOKING IS REQUIRED.
Vatican Museums BOOKING IS REQUIRED TO AVOID LONG QUEUES
- Rome’s Museum
- Castel Sant’Angelo
- Palazzo Valentini THIS IS A MUST. pre-booking is required.
- Centrale Montemartini (WORTH TO VISIT). It use to be a power plant, but now a super museum where industrial technology is mixed with roman antique art. I love this place. It is easily reachable by Metro B, stop Piramide, and on a nice day visit the Old English Cemetery, close to the Piramide.
MUSIC AND OPERA:
- In Rome, there is the second biggest Auditorium in the world made by the architect Renzo Piano. A beautiful masterpiece of architecture. Here is the site for the Auditorium where you can see the program for each day and eventually buy tickets: Auditorium You click on the dates and it shows which performances are present on that day, you can get info and buy tickets.
- Opera theater of Rome. In general, it is quite difficult to find tickets with short advice but you can try and get last-minute tickets at good prices.
CINEMA IN ORIGINAL (not everyday – please inquiry)
- Cinema Nuovo Olimpia: Via in Lucina 16g (close to via del Corso) – phone +39 066861068
- Cinema Nuovo Sacher: Largo Ascianghi 1 (in Trastevere) – phone +39 065818116
- Anglo American Book: Via della Vite 102 (one cross of via del corso) – phone +39 066795222 Open: Tue-Sat from 10 am to 7,30pm and Mon from 3,30pm to 7,30pm
- Feltrinelli: Via del Babuino 39/40 – phone +39 0636001842 – Open: Tue-Sat from 10 am to 7,30pm and Mon from 3,30pm to 7,30pm
… AND SOME RELAX
- FACIAL KOBIDO MASSAGE A Japanese special facial massage made by Simona Primavera (Mob. +39 329 3355647), one of the few in Europe that has completed the full 4 yrs of training in Japan. If you are interested, I strongly suggest inquiry, she speaks fluently English. She has a Chiro Lab in the city center or even she can come at home upon appointment.
- The therapeutic and esthetical finality of this treatment is to increase vitality by eliminating muscle and mental stress and overall by stimulating the capacity of the body to autocue.
There are also some very good HAMMAM in the Jewish area where I love to stroll from time to time enjoying also amazing food and pastries. I will write something on my blog soon
Wherever you go you have good food. You will find my favorite restaurants looking at “Antonia’s top ten” under ABOUT ME on the Home Page menu. Few more:
“Il vero Alfredo”: located in Piazza Augusto Imperatore, 30, Roma, just 100 meters from the apartment (close to the garbage collection cans). It is advisable to book +390676878734 / +39066878615 – firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a traditional restaurant loved worldwide, their specialty is Fettuccine alla Alfredo, fettuccine homemade with a variety of only Italian cheeses. I am sure, you will love it.
Maxelà Carne: Located in Via delle Coppelle, 14, Roma, 00186 close to Pantheon.
The best meat you can taste in Rome. Very good meat and very good dessert. The choice is not big. I go there just when I want to taste a good piece of meat.
Il Margutta RistorArte: Located in Via Margutta, 118, Rome, RM, 00187 (cross street via Margutta)
A good place for a vegetarian lunch or a smarter dinner is close to the apartment. I love this place
Ristorante Alfredo alla Scrofa: Located in Via della Scrofa, 104
Historical Roman restaurant
Famous And Best Cafes in Rome
Al Vicario: Via degli Uffici del Vicario 31, tel. 0669925530. Closed on Saturday at lunch. 35-55.00 for a meal, credit cards accepted. Air conditioning. Traditional cuisine. Elegant, meeting place for politicians and famous show business people.
Osteria della Frezza: Via della Frezza 16, tel. 0632262273. 25-45.00 for a meal, credit cards accepted. Air conditioning. Traditional cuisine.
Al Vantaggio: Via del Vantaggio 35, tel. 063236848. Closed on Tuesday. 20-40.00for a meal, credit cards accepted. Air conditioning. Classical cuisine. Garden.
Café Canova Tadolini: Via del Babuino 150 A7B, tel. +39 0632110702. Restaurant, café lunch, and dinner. This is a historical place to visit where Canova sculpture, used as his studio to create his masterpieces
Porto Fluviale: Via del Porto Fluviale, 22, tel tel. +39 065743199 Very new Trattoria, is crowded with young people. Brunch on Sunday at good prices. Two areas: one pizza 🙂 and Trattoria with Roman food and very good aperitif. People servicing are fantastic. YOU NEED TO BOOK IN ADVANCE to avoid long queues, especially for Sunday Brunch and evening meals.
Taxi or Metro A to Piramide and 10 minutes walk.
Angelina: Via Galvani 24/a tel. (+39) 0657283840, email@example.com. Typical restaurant in a trendy area of Rome close to ex-Mattatoio (modern area, Popular school of music, Bamboo sculpture, etc.). The food is excellent, the atmosphere is very modern and traditional. Book to find a place (if your phone leaves your number and they will call you back)
Eataly: Shop and eat whatever you like of Italian food…. we Roman call it “The Ikea of Italian food”… to spend a different evening in a crowded place while eating from Mozzarella just-made to fried vegetables, to barbecue meat and to fresh fish…. but with patience!
Mercato Centrale Stazione Termini – . Recently open it is located inside the Main Termini Station (Metro A – stop Termini). The area is not so nice as all areas are close to the station, but I strongly suggest visiting at lunchtime. Lots of food corners of all types from artichokes, fresh pasta, fresh fish, pizza, truffles, and good wines with prices at all levels.
La Capricciosa: Largo dei Lombardi 8, tel. 066878636. Closed on Tuesday. 20-50.00 for a meal, credit cards accepted. Air conditioning. Restaurant, pizzeria, and American bar.
La Finestrella: Piazzale Flaminio 22, tel. 063225050. 10-20.00 for a meal, credit cards accepted. Air conditioning. Traditional cuisine. Garden.
Pizzará: Via di Ripetta 14, tel. 063211468. Closed on Sunday at lunch. 10-20.00for a meal, credit cards accepted. Air conditioning. Pizzas are rolled out by hand and baked in a wood-fired oven. This place is over 100 years old.
WINE AND FOOD:
Buccone: Via di Ripetta 19/20, tel. 063612154. Open from 10 am to 1 am. 1500 choices of wines. Restaurant and wine bar.
GINGER: VIA Borgognona 43-44 Telefono:06 6994 0836 – very close to Via Vittoria. Very good for an aperitif for 10 euros and a very healthy fruit and vegetable shaker.
Ciampini: Viale Trinità dei Monti 187, tel. 066785678. Open from 8 am to 1 am. On Pincio hill, a delightful view of Roman rooftops, a lovely garden, a restaurant cafe, and ice cream.
Caffé Greco: Via Condotti 86, tel. 066791700. See Antonia’s top 10 favorites.
One of the three most ancient cafes n the world, with a very classical atmosphere, rd-velvet chairs, and marble tables. It hosted Byron, Shelley, Keats, Goethe, and Casanova. Quite expensive, 5 euros for a coffee.
Rosati: Piazza del Popolo 5, tel. 063225859. Open from 7.30 am to midnight. Meeting place for artists and actors, also dining room.
Centrale Ristotheatre: Via Celsa 6, tel 066780501. Open from 7.30pm to 2am. Cocktail bar, restaurant, cabaret and shows.
Trinity College: Via del Collegio Romano 6, tel. 066786472. Open from 11 pm to 3 am. Irish pub on two levels, meeting place for young people and students. Also restaurants with international cuisine.
The Nag’s head: Via IV novembre 138/B, tel. 066794620. Open from 11pm to 3.30am. Live music.??
Many restaurant cards with addresses will be available in the apartment.
OPEN ANTIQUE MARKETS:
Everybody knows Porta Portese. I find this place obsolete and full of rubbish with no possibility to make good deals. But you might be luckier than me!
In Rome, there are many antique markets in each neighborhood. The closest to your places are:
Piazza Fontanella Borghese: traditional market specializing in old prints and books. Open Mon-Fri from 9 am to 5.30 pm, Sat-Sun 9 am to 7 pm.
Largo Augusto Imperatore: antique market is open only on Sunday mornings. You can find good deals with furniture, jewels, prints, art objects, vintage clothes, etc.
Fresh fruit, vegetables, and fish: Via Bocca di Leone – open every morning (50 meters from the apartment)
Coop SM : Via della Croce 48 a parallel street of Via Vittoria. Very wide variety with good prices. Open every day from 8,30 to 20
DI per Di: Via Vittoria 22/a (next door) open every day including Sunday from 8 am to 8 pm
Dí per Dí: Via Poli 47
Despar: Via del Pozzetto 119. Open Mon-Sat from 8 am to 9 pm, Sun from 9 am to 9 pm.
Gs: Via del Galoppatoio 33 (In the subway of the Metro SPAGNA station
and what about dress shopping? This I leave to you, you will find thousands of shops of all levels, from the smart boutiques in Via Condotti to the young-style shops in Via del Corso. Via Vittoria is one of the smartest streets for shopping….. just enjoy and discover by yourself.
A High speed Wifi 24 hrs is available in the apatment, very efficient. Name and Password will be provided to youy at arrival.
Smart phones: Some free applications I suggest you to download before your arrival (for Ios and Android)
- WhatsApp: to get in touch via wifi with no costs (very popular in Italy), you need a mobile number
- MyTaxi: to get a taxi only in big cities and pay with paypal via the application (lower prices)
- The promotion code to get 20 euros discount on your first trip is antoniadeo – you may . have this app in many languages and is avaialble in most of the citities in Europe. I have used it in Spain and you can pay with credit or paypal.
- MAPS.ME – An off line map of Rome.
- ITALY GUIDE – ROMA: major sites to visit and more
- The Great beauty of Rome: a simple app with descriptions of main sites
- Moovit: all info and how to get somewhere with public transportation in Rome. This app is also used in many cities in Europe.
Join the FB groups to get news during your stay and additional info
- ANTONIAHOME – ON FACEBOOK: I personally post pictures while walking in Rome and Spoleto or write some articles on some curiosity or special event I get to know.
- LABORATORIO 104 TOUR – ON FACEBOOK: I love this group. They organize amazing tours in special places. I often join their tours and I discover gems in Rome that I never knew existed. Their tour guides are very professional and often their tours are in foreign languages too. Booking is required (WhatsUp +39 3282842788)
- ANTONIAHOME – My personal website where I describe and advertise my two apartments, one in Rome and one in Spoleto (Umbria). Visit the area BLOG, you may find some good ideas for your visits and weekly I am posting something new.
- 1 DAY IN ROME CLUB . Follow our suggestions about how to spend a lovely time in Rome, living in the city as local, doing tours and experiences, culture exchange, and others events. We like to make new friends and share authentic experiences with local people. The free exchange of opinions, ideas, and experiences is more than welcome. We are not an association that organizes meetings. The lucky ones who manage to find this group, it’s because they really love being with other people for fun and to exchange thoughts and interests with people of different cultures.